This project is read-only.

2.0.5 Reports

Feb 5, 2011 at 5:47 AM

Just pulled 2.0.5 and am using it via NuPack (well done).

.ExecuteWithReport(); is generating an XML file, but no HTML. Is the expectation that I provide my own XSLT and transform it?

Thanks, guys.

Feb 5, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Hiya David

There should be an xml file, an xslt file, and some images in a folder. If you're only seeing an xml file, can you open it up and tell me if the contents look like a BDD report? It might actually be the xmldoc for storyq, sometimes that ends up in the output path thanks to visual studio.

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:31 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Hey, look! It works when I use the form instead of mail, duh. Sorry.
This is the first few lines of the XML. The file is StoryQ.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc>
    <assembly>
        <name>StoryQ</name>
    </assembly>
    <members>
        <member name="T:StoryQ.Formatting.Methods.MethodFormatAttribute">
            <summary>
            A MethodFormatAttribute can be used to provide a custom format of a StoryQ test method.
            Existing MethodFormatAttributes include the default formatters 
            <see cref="T:StoryQ.Formatting.Methods.ParametersInlineMethodFormatAttribute"/>, and <see cref="T:StoryQ.Formatting.Methods.ParameterSuffixedMethodFormatAttribute"/>
            </summary>
        </member>

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Yeah that's the storyq XML documentation. Ignore it. Are you calling ExecuteWithReport() instead of Execute()? StoryQ writes a bunch of files to "{working directory of test runner}\StoryQ_Report". What test runner and what test framework are you using?

(p.s. i hope you don't mind me clearing out all the emails about getting codeplex to behave out. Too noisy...)

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I am a complete moron. Sorry.

There is a little interesting difference in the location of the output files when using different runners.

Visual Studio Test Runner, R#, and TestDriven. When I execute with these different runners, it places the working folder in slightly different places, but the StoryQ report is in the correct place for each. Perhaps I should just settle down and stick to one :)

Sorry for the bother.

I am currently recording a module for Pluralsight OnDemand on ATDD and am using StoryQ in the course :)