This project is read-only.

Any hope of a Silverlight version?

Jul 5, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Edited Jul 5, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I read one discussion thread that provided a very "hack-ish" way to use StoryQ with Silverlight.

I'm getting ready to make a decision on which BDD framework we're going to use for a large .Net project ... SpecFlow or StoryQ.  SpecFlow already has a Silverlight version but I like the fluent style of StoryQ much better.  I'd love to use StoryQ for the project but there is no way I can allow the kind of project hacks described in the other discussion thread.

Are there any plans to release a StoryQ dll for Silverlight projects?  If not, please consider this a shameless beg!

Thanks for your help.

Jul 5, 2011 at 10:45 PM

There are two things standing in the way of a proper, useful StoryQ release for silverlight:

• The fact that we can't write output reports to a file
  • The fact that that there's no console output in the test runners

These hurdles are making it hard for me to commit to building a release of StoryQ for silverlight that I'm happy with. I don't think it makes sense for me to write my own unit test runner either. I'm currently sing Statlight to run silverlight unit tests on a build server, and if I could only get the storyq output to somehow make its way out of statlight to the CI server I would be happy.

My ears are wide open, but there's nothing in the works

Cheers - Rob

Jul 7, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Thanks for the reply Rob.  I'm pretty new to SL and haven't even used the SL Unit Test Framework provided by MS yet so I don't know what I'm even asking at this point.  However, is it possible to have "StoryQ Silverlight Edition" work with the SL Unit Test Framework and reports through that mechanism rather than writing its own output?  SpecFlow did something along those lines.

Once again, I don't even know what that means in terms of work, just wondering what your thoughts were on that.

Either way, I want you to know that StoryQ is a great piece of work and I appreciate what you've done thus far.

Rodd